Salmon is a very healthy and versatile fish that can be used to create a wealth of simple and delicious recipes. Here are some quick and easy skewers!
Servings: 4 (2 skewers each)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 450g centre-cut skinless salmon fillet cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
Preheat grill to medium-high. Combine rosemary, oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add salmon; toss to coat. Alternating the salmon and tomatoes, divide among eight 30 cm skewers.
Oil the grill rack. Grill the skewers, carefully turning once, until the salmon is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 172 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 200 mg sodium; 607 mg potassium.