Let’s be honest – we all like a sweet treat at times. I made these recently and thought you too may like to give them a try. They are super easy to whip up. My family really like them, I hope yours do too. This recipe is from www.mycleantreats.com.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 7 pitted dates
- 2 tbls rice malt syrup
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 heaped tbls natural hazelnut butter
- Handful of organic dark chocolate chips
*optional 2 tbls melted cacao butter
- Soak dates in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Process walnuts until fine and then add pitted dates. Add remaining ingredients except organic dark chocolate chips and process until thick and a bit sticky. Press the mixture with your fingers to check it binds together and add a little more rice malt syrup if you wish.
- Mix through the dark chocolate chips lightly with your fingers.
- Spray a small baking pan with baking spray and press mixture down evenly in the pan with your fingers. Place in freezer for 3o minutes and then store in the fridge and enjoy!