Makes 10 slices (or cut smaller for bite size snacks)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almond kernels
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup natural wholegrain brown rice protein powder (I use sunwarrior)
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- ½ cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Gogi berries (I used medjool dates)
- 1 tbsp extra pumpkin seeds, rolled oats, dessicated coconut and almond
Preheat over to 160 degree celsius. Grease a shallow 22cm square cake or slice pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper extending 5cm over long sides.
Process the pumpkin seeds, nuts, oats, protein powder, coconut, coconut oil, honey, eggs peanut butter, cacao nibs and cinnamon until combined but still coarse. Stir in berries (or finely chopped dates).
Press the mixture into the pan; sprinkle with extra pumpkin seeds, oats, coconut and nuts, press down firmly.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until browned lightly (you may need to cover the pan with aluminum foil if the slice is becoming too brown).
Cool in the pan before cutting into bars or bite size chunks.