Here are three tasty ways to serve Eggs at anytime.
The Best Egg Sandwich
- Place two slices of brown bread or an English muffin into the toaster.
- Heat a frying pan and spray with olive oil.
- Crack one egg into a bowl and add ½ tsp water. Season, and whisk lightly with a fork.
- Pour the egg into the pan and roll it all around (as though you are making a crepe).
- Pop a cheese slice in the middle (or a small handful of any cheese you have in the fridge).
- After about a minute the egg should be done. Check there are no wobbly bits.
- Use a spatula to fold the bottom end of the egg over the cheese, then bring in the sides and then the top to form a square.
- Cook for a further 30 seconds to get the bottom nice and golden, then place onto your toast and devour immediately.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 336.
4 Ingredient Baked Frittata
- Heat your oven to 200C and spray a small cake tin with olive oil.
- Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl with a handful of parmesan/Cheddar/any cheese you have.
- Drain and rinse a tin of chickpeas and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Pour over the eggy mixture and sprinkle with fresh rosemary (or dried is fine too).
- Bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown and the centre feels firm to touch.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 224.
Very Simple Fried Rice
- In a large saucepan, place 1 cup of brown rice in 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Grab any veggies that you have and throw them in a frying pan to cook. Sliced onion, grated carrot, a chopped up tomato, a cupful of frozen peas – anything goes.
- If you have no fresh or frozen veggies, simply look in your pantry and warm up a tin of corn, chickpeas, lentils or kidney beans.
- If you have a sausage or some bacon, cook that too (but they’re not essential).
- Add the rice in and mix well. Push everything to one side and crack in two eggs. Once they are done, mix them into the rice and pop the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper, or use soy sauce or chilli sauce if you have some.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: Approx 220 (depending on veggies, meat and sauces used).